SUMMER CONCOCTIONS (WATERMELON FIZZ)
By Srinivas Reddy – Director, Food & Beverages, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Goa
- ½ kg seedless watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Generous splash of kombucha or sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Watermelon slices for garnish
- Mint sprigs or edible flowers for garnish
- Cut the watermelon into medium-sized pieces (carefully removing the rind).
- Cut the peel away from the lime.
- Add about half of the watermelon to the juicer, then the mint, followed by the lime and the rest of the watermelon (collecting the juice in a pitcher).
- Set the watermelon juice aside. If you wish to strain any remaining pulp, use a fine mesh sieve to do so before pouring your watermelon juice into glasses.
- Add crushed ice to your glasses. Pour 2-4 ounces of watermelon juice in a glass. Top with kombucha or sparkling water. Garnish as desired and serve. Cheers!