SUMMER CONCOCTIONS (LAVENDER LEMONADE )
By Srinivas Reddy – Director, Food & Beverages, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre, Goa
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp dried lavender
- 2 cups lemon juice
- Lemon slices and lavender petals for garnish
- Over medium heat, combine two cups of water and sugar, bringing to a boil until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off of the heat and stir in honey and lavender.
- Allow mixture to steep for 2 hours (less if you do not want a strong lavender taste).
- Strain the liquid, pressing the lavender down to make sure you get all of those juices into your mixture.
- In a large pitcher, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and water.
- Serve over ice.